PGXL Laboratories is committed to uncompromising integrity.
The clinical laboratory business is heavily regulated. It is the minimum responsibility of PGXL employees, partners and service providers to understand the federal, state and local laws and regulations that apply to clinical laboratories, and to conduct themselves in accordance with those laws and regulations. But when we talk about compliance at PGXL, we are talking about more than just the letter of the law. We are committed to conducting our business to a higher ethical standard in how we engage our customers, vendors and other business associates.
These Best Practices Standards spell out our commitment. They apply without exception to employees of PGXL, its subsidiaries, partners and business associates. Because these standards and our supporting policies cannot anticipate every situation, everyone associated with PGXL is expected to exercise good judgment and common sense in deciding the right actions to take. If they are unclear on any aspect of this code, they are encouraged to ask PGXL for clarification. Members of the PGXL management team are responsible for helping their team members understand the requirements of this code, the PGXL policies that support it and how they should best be put into practice.
ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS CODE OR ITS SUPPORTING POLICIES WILL BE FULLY INVESTIGATED AND APPROPRIATE ACTION TAKEN. THIS MAY INCLUDE RE-TRAINING, DISCIPLINE, OR OTHER CORRECTIVE ACTION, UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION OF A CONTRACT OR BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH PGXL LABORATORIES.
The reputation and successful business operations of PGXL are built on the principles of fair business practices and ethical conduct. Such practices and conduct include, but are not limited, to:
- Accurate reporting, maintenance and confidentiality of all business and patient records
- Protection of confidential or proprietary information, which must be safeguarded from unauthorized and/or inappropriate disclosure
- Respect and care for the Company, including the Company’s name, property and ideas
- Avoidance of conflicts-of-interest or outside influences which could interfere with an individual’s ability to fully perform his or her job
- Protection of relationships with customers and suppliers
- Avoidance of any dealings with competitors that might violate antitrust rules related to pricing and business tactics
- Conduct of all financial transactions in compliance with all statutes, regulations, and highest business ethics
- All educational, marketing or promotional materials must be approved by PGXL in advance of distribution, and will meet all legal and ethical standards set by PGXL
- Any sales-related entertainment must be subordinate to the presentation of scientific, educational or business information, and should have a positive reflection on PGXL
- While PGXL believes in the possibilities of this area of medicine that are yet to be achieved, we limit our claims to that which is supported by credible scientific research